49 Dolan Street
Sayreville, NJ 08872
Kirk J. Miick, Director of Code Enforcement/Construction Official
Monday thru Friday Office Hours 7:30 am to 3:30 pm
To ensure the health, safety, and welfare of the public, through proper administration of the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code, conducted in a courteous and professional manner. The Construction Office is responsible for all construction within the Borough and for enforcement of the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code. It is Sayreville’s desire to ensure that all of its citizens are protected to the fullest extent by these codes. Whether you are building a new home or remodeling your existing home, our department is here to answer your questions and assist in any way we can. Prior to beginning any home improvement projects, please check with us to see what, if any, permits are required.
Before you start your project, you will need to:
- Get a "Construction Permit Application." This would include an application jacket and one or more "Technical Sections" which can be picked up at the Construction Department, downloaded, or requested by email.
- Submit your completed applications and any plans to the Construction Office for review. You can now check the status of your application by creating an account on the portal. Click here to create an account.
- When we complete the plan review process, if the application is incomplete we will notify the applicant.
- When we complete the approval process, you will also be notified that your permits are ready.
- You may start work when you have paid for and received your construction permit.