Welcome to the Borough of Sayreville Employment Opportunities page.
Sayreville Public Library is seeking an Adult Services Librarian 1. This full time position requires a dynamic, creative professional librarian with excellent reference, customer service, and computer skills, excellent English, lots of patience, and a sense of humor. We need a highly motivated person who will join our quest to deliver the best.
The successful candidate will perform a variety of duties including:
- adult reference and occasional children’s reference
- innovative reader’s advisory
- booking, publicizing, and delivering high quality adult programming
- creating clear and engaging program flyers, online newsletters, calendars, and technology handouts
- expanding library outreach
- troubleshooting of our multiple networks and equipment including staff computers, public computers, and printers.
- technology planning to develop and support the library’s online, mobile, and digital presence
Qualifications/requirements: MLS from an ALA-accredited institution and eligibility to obtain a NJ Professional Librarian’s Certificate. The full time schedule is 35 hours per week, including two evenings and one Saturday per month. Sayreville Library is a civil service workplace and its employees are members of AFSCME. We support professional development and memberships. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes excellent benefits.
Click Here for an APPLICATION
For any questions or further information please visit the Personnel FAQ page or contact Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org..