WELCOME TO THE BOROUGH OF SAYREVILLE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES PAGE.
The Borough of Sayreville, NJ is seeking an experienced and innovative leader to serve as the Director of Recreation. The successful candidate will be responsible for the operations of the department including; managing all facilities, creation and administration of all programs and special events, supervision of all full-time and part-time staff, preparing budgets and all fiscal management of the department, capital budget and long range projections, working closely with youth sports organizations and other non-profits. The Director works closely with the Recreation Advisory Board and prepares reports for the Borough Administrator and Mayor and Council. Minimum qualifications include: Bachelors of Science Degree in Recreation Administration or related field - five years of full-time Recreation experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Certified Park and Recreation Professional through the National Recreation and Parks Association preferred. Salary range $59,320 - $104,619 (will commensurate with experience).
● Direct, supervise, and manage all functions within the Recreation Department. This includes implementation of programs, procedures and policies; screen, interview, hire and provide training for all employees.
● Attend and participate in conferences, Recreation Advisory Board meetings and continually represent the Recreation Department at various meetings within Sayreville, Middlesex County and the State of New Jersey.
● Build relationships with the Board of Education, volunteers and special interest groups to plan, organize and implement various programs and special events.
● Prepare, justify and manage the Recreation Department budget and purchasing. Maintain all financial records. Supervise the on-line registration program and the collection of all fees.
● Prepare special reports as required. This may include weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
● Work in a cooperative manner with all Departments within the Borough on related topics, tasks and functions related to the Recreation Department’s programming and operations.
● Plan and implement a strategic plan for the development of facilities and programming that meets the needs of this diverse community.
● Manages preparation of social media and promotional material.
● Experience administering summer camps including the planning and implementation.
● Following all applicable local, County, State and Federal laws, rules, regulations, codes and or statutes.
● Research and apply for grants through government entities and private non-profit agencies.
● Solicitation of volunteers to include training and monitoring their effectiveness. Managing the Criminal Background Check program.
● Employee must be available to work evenings and weekends when needed
Please e-mail cover letter with salary requirements, resume and references to Rebecca Garbowski, Personnel Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org . EOE
Public Works Director
The Borough of Sayreville is now accepting resumes for the FT position of Public Works Director. The successful candidate will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Department of Public Works (DPW) for a Borough of approx. 47,000 residents. The DPW consists of six divisions which include Buildings and Grounds, Roads, Parks, Sanitation, Recycling, and Vehicle Maintenance. The Director is also responsible for the administration of emergency response to snow, flooding and other weather related emergencies. This position reports to the Borough Administrator and exercises significant independence of judgment in meeting assigned goals and delivering services. Requirements include CPWM License, at least 5 years’ experience supervising at least 30 union employees and budgetary experience. Four year college degree preferred. Excellent customer service, written communications skills, organization skills and attention to detail are essential. The successful candidate may be required to attend Borough Council meetings and budget hearings from time to time. Certification as Recycling Professional and Clean Communities Coordinator a plus. Requires a valid NJ driver’s license. Salary shall be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please e-mail cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and references by November 30th to Rebecca Garbowski, Personnel Director at email@example.com. EEO
Community Library Assistant
The Borough of Sayreville is currently hiring for the title of Community Library Assistant in our Public Library. Position is 17 HPW incld. evenings and weekends. Requirments include: strong customer service and computer skills, previous library experience, proficiency in Sirsi Dynix/WorkFlows system, and the ability to stand for periods of time, push book carts and bend to empty returns. Salary is $13.98 ph. Please click below to complete and submit an application. Applications/resumes must also be submitted to Leah Kloc, Library Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. EEO
Click Here for an application
If you should have trouble submitting the form online, please email said application to email@example.com.