Registrar of Vital Statistics
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING FOR A MARRIAGE LICENSE
Contact us at 732-390-7012 9:00 am to 2:00 pm or email at email@example.com.
You only apply in Sayreville if:
At least one of the applicants is a resident of Sayreville
Applicants are not residents of New Jersey but are getting married in Sayreville
Marriage Licenses - available by appointment only. Please apply at least 3 weeks prior to the ceremony. We will not be able to issue the license until 72 hours after you sign your application at the time of your appointment.
Please follow the instructions below to apply:
- First you need to make your arrangements for your ceremony – we do not perform the ceremonies here or set up appointments for ceremonies – this needs to be done prior to applying for your license.
- After you have your date of marriage set, please click here to download the application. PLEASE DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO APPLY - we recommend at least 3 weeks prior to the ceremony to ensure processing the proper paperwork.
- Once filled out, EMAIL the application and proof of identity for both applicants (driver’s license, passport, or state/federal I.D) to firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT TAKE A PICTURE OF THE APPLICATION AND SEND (pictures of id are ok). You must download form, fill it in, save it, and then send as an attachment or scan the document and send.
- Once application has been emailed, it will be reviewed and you will be notified via email a date for your appointment at 49 Dolan Street for both applicants and your witness to sign the application and make payment of $28 via check or money order ONLY. This needs to be done with the applicants and the one witness listed on your application.
- Remember to bring your identification, check/money order, mask, and a pen!
After the ceremony is performed it will be recorded in the town the ceremony took place in and certified copies can only be issued from that office.