Registrar of Vital Statistics
TEMPORARY PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING FOR A MARRIAGE LICENSE
Effective as of June 15th
As the situation is ever evolving, effective immediately and until further notice, we will be closed to the public but employees will be available via phone 732-390-7012 9:00 am to 2:00 pm or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You only apply in Sayreville if:
At least one of the applicants is a resident of Sayreville
Applicants are not residents of New Jersey but are getting married in Sayreville
Marriage Licenses - available by appointment only for applications for ceremonies that have already been scheduled in the next few months.
Please follow the instructions below to apply:
- First you need to make your arrangements for your ceremony – we do not perform the ceremonies here or set up appointments for ceremonies – this needs to be done prior to applying for your license.
- After you have your date of marriage set, please click here to download the application. PLEASE DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO APPLY - we recommend at least 2 weeks prior to the ceremony to ensure processing the proper paperwork.
- Once filled out, EMAIL the application and proof of identity for both applicants (driver’s license, passport, or state/federal I.D) to email@example.com. DO NOT TAKE A PICTURE OF THE APPLICATION AND SEND (pictures of id is ok). You must download form, fill in, save it, and then send as an attachment or scan the document and send.
- Once application has been emailed, it will be reviewed and you will be notified via email a date and time to meet in the back of our building at 49 Dolan Street to sign the application and make payment of $28 via check or money order ONLY. This needs to be done with the applicants and 1 witness.
- Remember to bring your identification, check/money order, mask, and pen!
After the ceremony is performed it will be recorded in the town the ceremony took place in and certified copies can only be issued from that office.