Once you have a set closing date on your property please visit our office at 49 Dolan Street to apply for the certificates that are required for selling your home in the Borough of Sayreville. The two inspections required are the Residential Resale Inspection through the Code Enforcement Office and the Certificate of Smoke Detector, Carbon Monoxide Alarm and Fire Extinguisher Compliance through the Bureau of Fire Prevention. We recommend that you come to our office at least 3 weeks prior to the closing to ensure the minimum fee and to avoid any problems that my occur at the inspection that would require attention. Below are the links to the applications and information sheets that explain what will be looked at and required at the time of the inspection.
1. Residential Resale Inspection Application
2. Residential Resale Checklist
3. Certificate of Smoke Detector, Carbon Monoxide Alarm and Fire Extinguisher Compliance Application
4. Placement of Fire Extinguishers
5. Placement of Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarms