The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has announced that the dealine to apply for Federal assistance for impacts of Hurricane Irene has been extended to November 30, 2011.
Residents can register by phone at 800-621-FEMA (3362) or TTY 800-462-7585 for those with hearing or speech impairments. Specialists are standing by at the toll-free numbers seven days a week, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. local time, until further notice.
Registration can also be completed online by visiting
or through a web-enabled mobile device or smart phone by visiting m.fema.gov and following the link to “apply online for federal assistance.”
To register with FEMA, applicants need to provide:
· Social Security number
· Address of the damaged home or apartment
· Description of the damage
· Information about insurance coverage
· A current telephone number
· An address where you can get mail
· Bank account and routing numbers if they want direct deposit of any financial assistance.
FEMA Disaster Declaration Process:
For information on the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Disaster Declaration process and types of assistance that may be available, please click here